울런공대학교 경제학과 박O름 - 현 연세대 대학원

페이지 정보

작성자: 메타국제교육원 작성일: 2014-01-13 10:15 조회: 7,354회

본문

Be prepared for a long flight!

University of Wollongong

Bachelor of Commerce(Economics)

Park, Ah-reum

Long time ago, there was a girl who used to play by rolling a globe nearly every time she could. Moreover, she really enjoyed watching television programs in English, singing and listening to pop songs and reading English storybooks. A twelve-year-old girl pestered her parents to send herself abroad for an English language education. Can you guess how did the parents react to their little girls' request? Of course, they said flatly, "No!"

Actually, the story mentioned above is mine. Even though I really loved and enjoyed using English, I did not gain an opportunity to study overseas because I was too young to live alone abroad. So, I had studied steadily until high school just in Korea. When I was a high school senior, the desire that I want to study abroad was re-ignited. I contemplated about this way and talked about this with my parents. My parents considered studying in university outside of Korea favorably. Actually, it is true that more money is needed in studying overseas, however my parents judged that I can get better education and gain a lot of experiences which cannot be bought with money by going abroad for studying. Thus, I decided to go to overseas university.

After I had decided to study abroad, I had to choose the country and the university. Also, I had to choose the way of studying abroad but it was not easy because there were so many choices. Meanwhile, I found this 'Meta Edu Pathway Program'. I was able to enter the University of Wollongong in Australia through this program. I had known well about Australia's excellent educational environment and I got to know that The University of Wollongong is very superior. To be more concrete, The University of Wollongong(UOW) has consolidated a top 2% spot in the hotly-contested QS Wolrd Rankings released in the UK. Significantly, UOW has maintained a top 1 per cent spot in the world for the 'employer reputation' for its graduates(UOW News&Media). Moreover, this pathway program let the students prepare fully for studying abroad by studying in Korea for 1 year. Students can take superior English classes and major subjects. At that time, I was fascinated by these things so I sent an application to Meta Edu and I passed.

In retrospect, it was not easy to study for 1 year in this school. Since I have to study IELTS in addition to majors. But, I kept the thought that I cannot overcome Australia's life if I did not prepare fully in Korea in my mind. So I studied hard and I was able to get high marks in both IELTS and all my majors. As noted above, I cannot tell my junior that the preparatory period is easy to deal with. However if the plane fly for a long time, the sufficient preparation is positively necessary. I think that I have prepared for my flight enthusiastically so far and now I have my awesome flight for Australia ahead. I promise to study hard and make my life extraordinary now and forever. I hope that my junior could follow this road with a confidence.

상단으로

• 메타 인터내셔널
  • 서울시 송파구 법원로 114(문정동), 엠스테이트 C동 3층
  • 대표 : 최순진  |  정보관리책임자 : 최순진   

COPYRIGHT ⓒ 2007-2024 META INTERNATIONAL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

• 카카오톡 상담 : amc79
    네이버 블로그 : meta_uni
  • 입학상담문의 02-545-7011